CONDITIONS AND GUIDELINES FOR FACILITY USE
1. A $100 refundable damage deposit is due with submission of the application form. The deposit will be refunded when all conditions have been met. For groups greater than 100 people the deposit is $300.
2. A custodial fee of $100 is required of all non-Church events (including weddings) for groups of 100 or less. For groups over 100 the custodial fee is $200.
3. The Facilities Manager staff will set up applicant’s room as requested on the application. This applies to furniture and sound/video equipment. All applicants are responsible for cleaning up after their event – including removing all trash, turning off all lights and locking up. Failure to comply with this condition will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
4. NO alcohol or controlled substances are permitted anywhere on Cornerstone property. Failure to comply with this condition will result in the forfeiture of the deposit.
5. NO tobacco in any form is permitted on Cornerstone grounds.
6. ALL civic or non-Cornerstone organizations are required to provide proof of liability insurance with Cornerstone named as an additional insured for the date(s) of use.
7. Applicant agrees that Cornerstone Community Church may monitor applicant’s use of the facilities and applicant agrees to comply promptly with any reasonable request made by the Church to take action or to refrain from action, which in the Church’s absolute discretion is necessary for its welfare.
8. No beverages in glass containers for individual consumption are allowed. No red punch/beverage is allowed in any Cornerstone building due to staining. Birdseed and confetti of any kind are not allowed.
9. Paper plates, napkins, cups, plastic tableware, ice and trash bags for clean up are the responsibility of the groups sponsoring the event. Items found in the Cornerstone kitchen are for the exclusive use of Cornerstone organizations and events.
10. Animals are not allowed in the Church facilities, assistance dogs excepted.
11. Children (16 years and younger) must be under constant adult supervision.
12. No pins, tacks, staples, nails or tape may be used on walls, doors or furniture.
13. No helium balloons are to be in Cornerstone facilities.
14. Thermostats are not to be adjusted except by the Facilities staff.
15. No doors are to be propped open to the outside at any time.
16. Any use of the Church organ or pianos requires prior approval of the Church Organist or the Director of Worship Arts. The organ and pianos must not be moved for any reason or by any person other than approved Cornerstone staff members. Nothing is to be placed on top of the organ or pianos (i.e., flowers, drinking glasses, etc.)
17. If use of the sound system and computer projection system equipment is desired, a technician employed by Cornerstone must be hired for an additional fee of $100.
18. All groups and individuals using the facility will insure that noise levels are kept at an acceptable level, keeping in mind that Cornerstone is in a residential area.
19. Approval for use by a group or organization is for a designated area only and does not grant access to the entire facility.
20. Keys will be checked out no more than 1 business day in advance. The key must be returned by the end of the day of use or the next business day, unless otherwise arranged with the Business Administrator in advance. A $25 refundable key deposit is required. A lost key will result in the forfeiture of the deposit.
21. All applicants are responsible for any damages beyond normal wear. Should the use of the facilities cause additional expense, such as excessive cleaning or repairs, and applicant does not make the necessary repairs under the approval of the Church Business Administrator, the deposit will be forfeited and the applicant(s) will be billed for any remaining expense.
22. It is agreed that Cornerstone Community Church is not responsible for loss or damage to valuables brought on Cornerstone property.
Applicant hereby agrees to hold Cornerstone Community Church harmless in the event of any injury or loss due to use of Church facilities. Applicant has read the Building Use Policy and the Conditions and Guidelines for Facility Use and agrees to abide by these Conditions. Applicant further agrees to reimburse Cornerstone Community Church for all unresolved damages and costs resulting from the above stated use of the facilities.